Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Email - Received Monday, February 22, 2010

Hey Family,

Okay, the first thing I have to do in this email is ask for forgiveness because I still have not written and sent the hand-written letter I said that I was going to send last week. I know you all want more, newer pictures and a little note from me, so this week I`ll make that a priority. However, I did also want to ask what`s going on at home because today...I didn`t get any email from practically anyone. I got one from the server for MyLDSMail.net and one, very funny email from my dear friend Caitlyn Stringham. Caitlyn...you`re awesome. I know I don't write back often because I write to the blog, but I want you to know how much I appreciate your emails, When I see your name in my inbox I know I`m going to smile big when I read it. You`re awesome, and I hope you know that I`m rooting for you in all your activities and responsibilities from the 2000 mile away sideline. Anyways, if something happened at home, or for some reason I`m not getting your emails, Mom and Dad, I need to know so that I can fix it! I can`t stand waiting all week for email hour and then not getting the boost I need from my home. I love you so much, and I`m only able to keep going because I know that Heavenly Father and my Eternal Family loves me and keeps me informed. Let me know, okay. If you have to, call President Baldwin so we can get this taken care of. It`s a requirement that we write to our families each week, so I need to be able to at least complete that requirement. (Although, the email privilege is always a pleasure for me to complete.)

Alright, so this week was fairly successful. We found a family and a few investigators here and there. In total we found 7. The family is a dad and his two young sons. Their family is separated, but not divorced. The dad`s name is Adrian, and he has a 11 year old son names Alejandro, and an 8 year old son named Alvaro. Those three accepted a baptismal date for the 7th of March in our first visit, but we haven`t been able to teach them since Tuesday. Please pray that we will be able to teach and prepare them so they don't have the push back their date! Also, we may have a couple new families through member referrals this week, which makes us excited. I`ll let you know how they go. Elder Garcia and I are really trying to elevate our spirituality and our drive so that we can fill our tanks with investigators and start finding the ¨chosen ones¨. We teach to less active and new members a lot and we are helping them all get the basic gospel habits started in their homes (scripture study, family prayer, and tithing). However, it is more important for us to be teaching investigators, so that`s our focus now. Find, teach, prepare, baptize, confirm, teach, temple, exaltation. Yup, that`s what we do. =) Elder Garcia is learning very well and very quickly. He does not have the best relationship with his family, which is something I`m hoping to help him correct. He needs to learn about putting priorities in order and being more precise in his words and testimony. He is a good learner, listens well, and I`m glad that my first ¨son¨ is someone that i can trust to be a good missionary. =) Who knows how many times I will train, but at least my first-born is a good kid. ;P

Okay, well I didn`t get any news from home today, so I don't have much to respond to. I hope all is well with Dad`s job, Mom`s classes, and Hope`s schooling. Grandma and Grandpa Welling, I miss you a ton! I wish I were there with you, helping to shovel your driveway out of the snow, but just thinking about you makes me happy. Grandma and Grandpa Tucker, I love you so much. I miss Grandpa`s big hugs and Grandma`s good advice. I`ll be home throughout the summer when I get back, so `think I`ll be able to help out and visit with you more often than before. it`ll be great! To all my aunts and uncles, I love you and am eternally grateful for your support and love. Any letter or news bite I get from you is very appreciated and I just love hearing that my family is good well. Also, if you have problems or difficulties, let me know so I can pray for you. I have a testimony that Heavenly Father might just be listening a little more closely to His missionaries that he does to normal members, so I`ll send our petitions up on high! =) To all my cousins, dang I miss you all! I realized how little I was able to visit everyone before the mission because of my out of state schooling, but when I get home, I`m not going to let that get in the way of having healthy relationships with as many of you as I can. =) I love you all and hope you have a good week as well. I miss you every day and pray for you often. To eternity and back, I love you.

Love Always,
-Elder Preston William Tucker

No comments:

Post a Comment