Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Email Continued - Received Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Oh, one more thing! I forgot to write about my divisionals last Wednesday and the power just went out here, so my District Leader allowed us a few more minutes to finish up our emailing.

So here´s a little bit about my experience. So the CCM allows the trainging missionaries to go out into the field with experienced missionaries once every three weeks and they rotate between the areas in the Guatemala City missions. This week, luckily, was Central mission...MY mission. So every companionsip in the CCM gets paired with a companion ship in the field and they both split up for the day from 8 in the morning to 5 at night. I was with Elder Arave, a North Amercan from Blackfoot, Idaho that has been out for about 16 months. He was fun to be around and was willing to teach me while we walked and then allow me to teach while we were with investigators. I taught my first lesson on The Restoration in Spanish all by myself! It was fantastic, but my first question fell flat on its face. =P My investigator was a mother of a member, she was an older woman, and she was very Catholic. I asked her ¨Have you ever wondered which church is true?¨ She answered me straigh up with ¨No, I{m Catholic, I dont need to ask that question.¨ haha! But i recovered by bearing my testimony and then i taught the whole lession. She was reseptive and i gave her a Book of Mormon and committed her to read it along with the Bible and to Pray to know if the Book of Mormon is the word of God. She accepted both commitments and then we were off to another female member´s house who had asked for a blessing. I sealed the annointing and Elder Arave gave the blessing. It was a rocky sealing, but I got it done and was filled with peace afterwards. After that we stayed and talked to her for a while before it was time to head back for the day. I had many more experiences that I cant even begin to ennumerate, because I dont have time, but i CAN say this: I love these people. They are just like you and I. They have hopes, dreams, loves, questions, and challenges that you would hardly believe were possible to bear. But they do. They bear them with smiles and I cannot wait to bless their lives with the light of Christ. Please, pray for these people. Pray for the people that I will teach. They need your prayers. I love you all, I love them, and I love my God. I hope this experience inspires you all to become missionaries in you own ways. Share the Gospel with whoever you can. It will bless them and it will bless you! If you feel inadequate to the task, read Preach My Gospel and it will ¨qualify you for the work.¨ I truly have a testimony that this work is the work of God, and He can do it on His own, but He chooses to allow us the privilege of doing our part as well. Again, I love you all and cant wait to hear from you more. Until next week, adios mi familia y mis amigos! Les quiero muy mucho!

Amor para Siempre,

-Elder Preston William Tucker

No comments:

Post a Comment