Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Email - Received Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Dear Family and Friends,

This week, in the life of Elder Preston William Tucker, the Lord God has effected a great change in the perspective and outlook of me, a humble missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ. The first thing I feel impressed to tell my family about is that I am changing into the man that my patriarchal blessing prophesied that I would be. I have gained a more eternal perspective and have been touched by the tender mercy of my Savior's hands. No, i didn't see a vision or receive revelation in a dream...this week =P, but I have experienced yet another change in my heart. I have begun to lose my care for time. I am beginning to get lost in the love of my Savior for me and for these people of Guatemala. I want to get into the field and give Him my very best. I want to serve. I want to be the best missionary I can be for Him and then bring His gifts home to you all in the form of the man that God means for me to be. I can feel myself getting stronger in mind, heart, body, and spirit every day. Just two days ago me and three other friends were so on fire with the Spirit of the Lord that we couldn't stop smiling and praising our God for over 3 hours after our meetings were through. I continue to study to scriptures and have made a major leap this week. In fact, just before I started writing this email I finish Helaman. Think about that! I went from Alma 21 all the way through Helaman in one week. Surely the Lord has blessed me with His love and His words through the Book of Mormon this week. I wish for all of you, especially my family and you Joshua, to begin studying the Book of Mormon from the first page on through. Find a love for the teachings and love found within its pages. I promise...no, i Bless you that as you read, you will gain this love for the scriptures and the Lord will pour out his abundant blessings on you in so much that ye cannot receive all of them. Joshua, Sidney, Alonna, Sierra, if you're reading this, please take my advice. I want the blessings I am receiving now for YOU especially. I am beginning to see how much better it will be for us in our young lives if we gain a love for the words of God right now and keep nourishing that love from this point until we pass into eternity. Heavenly father has made known to me through the Spirit just how many blessings He is waiting to pour out upon us. They are very desirable and I hope that all of you my friends will begin to taste of these blessings as soon as your read this email.

Mom, I love you. I think about you daily, your thoughts, your love, your struggles, your desires. I want everything in the world and the eternities to be yours. You deserve joy in your life. Spend these nest 97 weeks in the search for that joy. Find it in love, find it in service, and find it in Christ. I love you so much. Always remember that, every second of every day, I am your Son and I love you with a strength that stretches beyond this world.

Dad, I love you. I send my prayers for your welfare up to Heavenly Father daily. I want you to succeed in your work. I want you to succeed in yourself. But most of all, I want you to succeed in your family. We all love you more than we can express. Do everything you possibly can to strength our family and the Lord will bless you for your diligence. That's a Christlike Attribute ya know. =P Stay strong, keep working, the blessings are near at hand and now it's up to you to open yourself to the Lord and receive them. I love you into eternity, your example strengthens me every day. I'm so glad that you served a mission. I'm so happy that you could take me through the Temple. And I'm...eternally grateful that you're MY dad!

Hope, I love you. Be a good girl. I know that you're growing up and that i wont be able to call you a little girl for much longer. I want you to grow up strong and smart. I want you to swim your heart out, do you best in school, and help Mom and Dad in every way that you can. I pray to Heavenly Father every night that he will bless you with everything you need in your life. I know that He will bless you. Say your prayers, read the scriptures when you can, do well in school, and make me proud in swim. I'm so full of joy that you are my sister. I think about you every day. I know that we were meant to be a family forever, and I'm so glad that I have you to share eternity with. I love you to the Moon and back a bazillion times! Mom used to say that to me, now I want to say it to you. I cant wait until I get to see you all growing up in two years. I miss you, I love you. Be good. =)

Grandma, I got your DearElder today and i loved it. I'm so excited that you're trying to learn a little Spanish, I just hope that I'll know what you're saying when you send my letters with Spanish in them. I love that you're lifting me up and I love that you love the Temple. I want to make you proud, so I'm doing my best. =) I love you.

Aunt Metzie, dear dear Aunt Metzie, you stay strong okay?! I love you so much. You are such a blessing to our family. I love your spirit and I love your mind. Keep working and asking the Lord for His help. I know He is there and is listening. Get that Bear Lake house looking magnificent cuz that's one of the first places I want to go in about 97 weeks, ok?! I just cant wait to see what wonderful things you'll have done with it.

Josh, stay strong and keep preparing! My time is almost out, but I love you and wanted to tell ya so. =)

Alonna, there's a letter in the mail for you. =P

My time is up and I've got to go. Talk to you all next week.

Love Always,
-Elder Preston William Tucker

No comments:

Post a Comment