Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Email - Received Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Hey Family!

I`m so so so sorry that I wasn`t able to write until now, but this week's schedule got a little thrown off by a big service project that my district and the Church in general is participating in this week. I`ll explain it a little more next week, because right now I only have about 10 more minutes to write. But I`m very grateful that I had the chance to write just a little about my week to my beloved Family.

I love receiving news and letters from you all, whenever I get one it puts an almost permanent smile on my face. Grandma Welling, I got both of the letters you sent by mail in August, so don't worry, I loved every word! =) I am sorry to report though, that because the Central mission doesn`t receive Pouch service anymore, we don't receive our DearElder letters anymore either. =( But it`s okay though, becuase just a few words from my Family each week is enough to keep me going for the whole week. I am finding more and more strength in the Atonement of the Savior through my studies and the practical application of His love that I constantly see here in the mission. I still miss everyone absolutely and completely, but I AM beginning to understand why and how missionaries come to love to mission.

A few things I have to shout out in this letter: =) Grandma Tucker, Happy Birthday! I love you and hope you are doing well. Know that your grandson is doing his best to serve the Lord and will come home with many stories and lots of love to share with his family.
Country Crossing Ward Guys! I love all of you, my friends and neighbors. I was really sad to hear about the ward boundaries getting changed, but I want you all to know how proud I am of you and your decisions to serve missions and to support your friends and family in their own missions as well.


To my Extended Family, come together! Do everything you can to trust in one another and to trust in the Savior. He wants more than anything for us to apply His Atonement to our lives and allow our bodies, hearts, and souls to heal. We become stronger as we use our strength in strengthening others...and you can quote me on that!
I love you, miss you, and think about you constantly, but I am also working on extending our eternal family, here in Guatemala. Dont worry about me, our Heavenly Father and the Savior sustain me, as does your love and support.

I would love to share more with you but I`m running our of time. I DO need to share the most important news of the week with you though. Your fasting and prayers paid off...BIG TIME! We found 2 new families of 8 members each! In total, 10 people of baptismal age and a growing generation that can be blessed by the Lord`s love. I love you all for your determination to be obedient, work to progress, and help me with your prayers. Until next week, I love you.

Love Always,

-Elder Preston William Tucker

No comments:

Post a Comment