Monday, September 21, 2009

Email - Received Monday, September 21, 2009

Hey Everyone! =D

Had a great week and, as always, it`s wonderful to get love and news from home. I miss you all, and thought about you a lot this week! Conference is coming up, and in a kinda cool way, for me in my mission that means that I`m coming up on the 6 month mark. I`m not going to lie, I`m very excited to cross that mark, but I`m not surprized at all that I DO have very mixed feelings about it. It means that a quarter of my mission is behind me, time that I can never re-experience or re-serve, time that I`ve dedicated to Heavenly Father, and time in which I`ve changed.

I love the mission. The mission excites me. Being part of the Work of God is a calling that I would not trade for any quality of life I might have had if I had been home for these 6 months. I still have a lot to do, but I can finally see the path beneath my feet. I can't see very far ahead, but I know now that I dont NEED to see far ahead. All I need to do is put everything in the Hand of Him that has the Power to Save. The path may wind and turn, but as long as I put my faith in Him, I`ll always be headed in the right direction.

News about what`s going on in La Sonora right now. Spanish is still progressing nicely, everyone comments to me about how surprized they are by the abilities that are supposedly mine. I know that they really aren`t mine though. Yes, I`m learning a language and I will have the talent to speak it for the rest of my life, but the ability comes from Heavenly Father and his messenger, the Holy Ghost. We are having relatively good success right now. We are teaching three individual families that we see have very bright futures in the gospel. They are not without their challenges, as some have been trained rather firmly in other religious beliefs, and some are not trained at all. We will need your love and prayers to help them all soften their hearts, humble themselves before Christ, and enter the waters of baptism to take His name upon them. Pray that Vicky Velasquez will find her answers, that she will put her faith in the Lord, and that she and her family will find what they are searching for in the Gospel of the Church of Jesus Christ. Pray that the Lopez family will forgive us missionaries of our faults, and keep going in their course to becoming faithful members of the church as a future forever family. And pray that the children and extended family of Carol Paz will soften their hearts, open their schedules, and receive the Restored Gospel. =) Hermana Carol will be baptized this Sunday and we are very excited about it! We are focusing our efforts in helping all our investigators progress more rapidly and also keep the cycle going by finding new investigators.

General Conference IS coming up and I`m realizing that it`s going to be like Christmas in the mission. We are all very stoked about it and are preparing to have an awesome weekend in two weeks. I will have the opportunity to watch and listen in our ward building in a room specially designated for broadcast in English. I`m excited that I wont have to pray too hard for the Gift of the Inperpretation of Tongues. =P I`m not sure whether we will all watch as a Zone or not, but any way will be cool with me. I hope all my Family has the opportunity to fully enjoy the blessing that IS General Conference. Let me know all about your thoughts and feelings in the days afterwards.

Again, I love you and am SO proud of all of you! Dad, I`m so excited that you`re going to learn Spanish! Mom, I`m so stinkin proud that you`re keeping with your workout routine and that you`re seeing the results you waited patiently for! Hope, keep going with your school and especialy with swim! I wish you all the luck in the world for your first meet of the season! I love you all! Until next week!

Love Always,

-Elder Preston William Tucker

No comments:

Post a Comment