Sunday, April 19, 2009

Letter - Received Friday, April 17, 2009

April 14, 2009

Dear Mom, Dad, and Hope,


There were a couple of things I forgot to mention in my e-mail today. First, I know my travel plans for my transfer to the Guatemala MTC. My visa went through on time and I will be leaving on time. You all would be very surprised by how often missionaries here in the Provo MTC get their visa requirements and travel arrangements messed up ….. it happens a lot! So, Mom, I’m extremely grateful that you kept reminding me to get mine done and submitted. I admit, Momm’s always right; tell Hope that I say not to forget that fact. : P

Second, I do have another new companion. His name is Elder Riches, he is from Grantsville, Utah, he’s the oldest in his family, and his mother is from Spain and has taught him to be fluent in both English and Spanish. He’s helping me a lot with my Spanish speaking and I’m helping him with grammer and writing. Elder Ivey, my old companion, left to go home last Friday to take care of some personal things. He’s going to return to the mission field in six months, so everything is going to turn out for him, I know it.

Oh, I forgot to mention before, my travel arrangements are as follows: I depart for Guatemala next Tuesday from SLC around 12:00PM noon, we connect in Dallas, TX, then continue on to arrive in Guatemala City around 7:00PM. Keep in mind, it’s against the rules to try and see me off at the airport, so please don’t get me in trouble. : ) I’m both excited and anxious about going to Guatemala so soon, but I know everything I do there will be for my benefit. I’m really on my way now, I’m going to a foreign country to do the Lord’s will! This experience is so unreal at times when I think about the scope of it all.

Now, since I’m now finishing this letter at the very end of my P-Day, I want to take a little time to talk about an extremely cool experience I had today. Not only did I get to attend an endowment session at the Temple this morning, but I got to see an apostle of the Lord speak to the entire MTC tonight. Elder Jeffrey R. Holland spoke at devotional tonight and it was kept a secret until we were all ready in our seats! I love the emotion and conviction with which he speaks of missionary work with, he speaks to my very core. I wrote a lot of notes and am saving them in my journal, but I do want to share one quote that I loved especially. “The whole world is a hospital. You’ve been sent in with a First Aid Kit. But you go in the name of the Great Physician. You’re going out to save the world. You can’t do it all by yourself, but you know someone who can.” – Jeffrey R. Holland, April 14, 2009, Provo MTC Devotional

That’s what I’m doing. And I’m going to do it with the help of my Master every step of the way. I love you all, I miss you every day. I will do His work, then return with honor.

Love always,
- Elder Preston William Tucker

P.S. Go ahead and post this letter to the blog. : ) I want everyone to be able to enjoy my experiences.

P.S.S. Keep the DearElder letters coming! I love every single one. : D

No comments:

Post a Comment