Saturday, April 4, 2009

First Letter! - Received Saturday, April 4, 2009

Dear Mom, Dad, and Hope,

The MTC is a wonderfully spiritual place, filled with testimony and love. My companion's name is Elder Atoa, who is Samoan and rather large, like me. Our roomates are Elder Tuaone (Tongan) and Elder Ivey. They are both from California and are excited to be here, even though they think the weather is freezing.

My branch presidency are all wonderful men who care about the work and want us all to succeed. I believe I will enjoy my time here in Provo, but I am anxious to get to Guatemala. Mom, I do need you to respond to this letter and include the dates of my three Hep B shots and both of my two Hep A shots to complete my immunization records. That is something I need as soon as possible.

I love you all and want you all to know how much it means to me that you support me in every decision I make. The Lord is pleased that I made this decision, however Satan is not. This is going to be the hardest thing I have ever done, but it will be worth every minute. Thank you for preparing me for this experience, your help will prove invaluable in helping me to turn my heart over to the Lord.

Write back soon, write often, I'll need your love and words to keep me focused and joyful.

With all my love,
Elder Preston Tucker

No comments:

Post a Comment