Monday, September 13, 2010

Good Week, Fun Stuff!‏

Hey Family!

haha YES! Finally! haha I got mail from BOTH parents and a special someone as well! haha Good week for emails...I knew I was going to need it. First of all, I want to thank you for fasting for me. I know that the purpose of the fast was a little superficial for most people, but for me it was needed. However, just because I say that I needed help to keep from being "baggy" doesn`t mean that I`m a super baggy monster. haha It just means that I love my family, I see things that often remind me of you all during my days, and I`m conscious of the decreasing time that I have left in the mission. Family, I AM ENJOYING MY MISSION, okay? hahahaha I`m fine...I just need a little help every once in a while to shake off the feeling home getting closer. I`m trying very hard to focus on my responsibilities as a Zone Leader and to help lift my companionship and zone to a new level at the same time. The great news is that most of the zone is feeling good and having a good time. Even better news is that my companionship with Elder Kahawaii is getting much better. Last night, in fact, we went to bed late because we were up talking and laughing about just normal things that friend talk about. I have two weeks left in this change (wow that went by pretty fast huh?) and I`m ready to enjoy every day.

This week our plans are to have divisions with the companionships in our zone and to teach them abut the training that we as Zone Leaders received. There are also a couple elders that need help figuring our how to work better in their area. Elder Kahawaii will be going out to the areas and I will be staying in Los Riscos. We will also be trying new ideas and methods to find new investigators and receiving more, better references. Rosaura is doing well, however, it seems like her baptismal date may have to be pushed back a week or two. She thought her doctor`s appointment to check and see if she can be submersed in the water was on the 17th of this month. It now seems like that appointment is for NEXT week, so we may have to baptize her in two weeks on Sunday or close to that date. I`ll keep you all posted. Our last lesson with her went well and she has expressed that she wants to be baptized and also that she believes the Book of Mormon to be the word of God. It was a good experience. Now we`re just teaching her about the Restored Church and she`ll be praying to know if Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. Pray that she recognizes her answer, cause we all know that she WILL get an answer if she listens.

This week the highlight was a new activity that Elder Kahawaii and I did on Wednesday. Here in Momostenango, market day is on Sunday and Wednesday. That means that on those two days the streets are packed and there are people everywhere. We went to the central park of the city and set up a table with pamphlets, books of mormon, and pictures of the gospel. A TON of people were interested in listen to us. We split up and were able to teach FOURTEEN lessons in one day and we gained 8 new investigators. We`re going to do it again this week, I just hope it turns out as successful as last week. Unfortunately, Elder Kahawaii cut open his knuckle over the weekend, so we had to get him to Xela to get stitched up, so that cut into the time that we had to go look for the people we taught in the park. I`ll do better about that this week.

Overall, the work is going well, but not SUPER. At least, not yet. I have two more weeks in this change and then just 3 changes left until I`m home. Pray that I`ll be sensitive to the Spirit and that we will find "the chosen ones" and I`ll be fine. I love you all and love your news and emails and letters. Stay strong, pray hard, and play your hardest.

Love Always,
-Elder Preston William Tucker

No comments:

Post a Comment