Monday, August 23, 2010

Very Fast Week, Not Much to Report‏

Hey Family!

I love you all!

This week your emails were all long and full of great emotion and news! I enjoyed them very much. They didn`t leave me much time to write my own email, but that`s okay this week because not a lot happened! haha Sorry to say, but this week's email will not have much news about the mission work.

This last week was change week. Our changes are now done on Wednesdays. So on Tuesday night, the assistants told us who was going, who was staying, and who was training. Luckily, due to the wonderful change between Elder Kahawaii and I, we stayed together for another change. Our relationship has gotten 10 times better since last Monday. I would rather not go into details about what happened to make us have a the problems we did, because the important part is that the Lord helped us both to ask for forgiveness and to move on with more hope and love in our companionship. I finally feel like he and I are becoming good friends. You all know from my past experiences that I always do better in my companionship when my companion is my friend as well. A couple of elders left the zone and the elders that came into the zone are rather new and inexperienced. That`s okay though, we`re looking to really elevate the level of our zone`s spirituality and faith this change and we needed new blood. Unfortunately, this month the zone only has 2 baptisms so far, but next month we have hope and faith that we will achieve more than ever before.

This week I was a little baggy because it seemed like EVERYTHING I learned or heard was geared towards life AFTER the mission and eternal marriage. haha Kate got married this week, my baby cousin is now on her own, that thought kinda got me a couple of times this week. Congrats Kate! Be smart and always look to the Lord in all your challenges. You`re intelligent, beautiful, and talented. I know that if you pray and listen, the Lord will guide you to happiness always. Also, Brooke got married this weekend as well! Awesome, Brooke, I wish I could`ve been there to cheer for you. I know how far you`ve come and how wonderful it is that you were married for time and all eternity to the love of your life, Chad. Congratulations, even though you`ve never met me and don`t know too much about me, I`m very proud of you and wish you all the best in your new life with Chad. Prayer, as you know, always helps in any situation, but now you have the right to use the Temple blessings to solve any problem that you may come across in this life. Attend the temple often with your husband, and everything will turn out exactly the way the Lord meant it to. I have a giant testimony of the importance of the Temple and I wish for ALL of my loved ones to eventually enjoy the covenants and blessings that we can receive there! I appreciate every day the Love of the Father for His Children and how He made that Love manifest through the Eternal Blessings of His Holy House.

Hope, I`m so excited for you this week! You started SIXTH GRADE! Holy crap...you`re so huge now! I seriously feel like I`m missing out on your whole life sometimes...haha but that`s okay because I`m sure that you`re going to talk my ears off about EVERYTHING that has happened in the last two years. I want you to know that both Mom and Dad give me SHINING reports of how well you are doing in EVERYTHING you choose to involve yourself in. School, swim, soccer, and family! You`re doing wonderful and I am so grateful for your obedience! I have a couple little bits of advice for you, though, as you start this new part of your life. Hope, you`re growing up so fast, and as you grow up, more responsibility and good choices will be expected of you. I know that you are learning very fast about who you are, what our family believes and stands for, and who you need to be so that Heavenly Father can always watch over you, protect you, and guide you. You need to know now, Hope, that prayer should now become one of the most important parts of your day. When you pray in the morning, when you eat, and when you sleep, ALWAYS be grateful for the blessings that Heavenly Father gives you. Always ASK for the help and blessings that you NEED in life and I promise you that Heavenly Father will listen and answer your prayers. This is a lesson that I didn`t learn at your age...unfortunately, I waited to learn it until I got on my mission. Hope, I bare you my testimony that if you try REALLY hard to be the BEST 11 year old Hopester you can be...Heavenly Father will be happy and He will bless our family. Hope, in your new school, try your VERY best to find and make new GOOD friends that SUPPORT you and love you for who you are. Do not change who you are so that other people will like you, it`s NEVER worth it. Be yourself and love the people that show you love. Serve your friends and help them. When we serve others, they are more likely to want to serve us as well. When you help others, they will return the favor IF they are real friends. Always remember who you are! I know that Mom and Dad say that all the time, but it`s TRUE and it HELPS! If you remember that you are a Daughter of God and that He loves you and expects you to be your best self...you will hardly ever give into temptation or make wrong choices. I love you Hope, you`re my favorite little sister EVER! =P Be obedient and love our parents!

Okay, that`s about it for this week. I know that I didn`t talk much about my week, and I`m sorry. This week might be full of a few wonderful events that I`ll be VERY excited to write and email about next week. I don`t want to spoil the surprise, so I`m not going to say much more. I need your prayers this week so that my companion and I can have the desire and the inspiration necessary to find the chosen investigators of God. We don`t have many people that are very positive, so pray that we will know when and who to teach this week so that more of our brothers and sisters can share the blessings of the Gospel with our AWESOME family! I love you all and I`m very proud of you. I love it when you share your feelings like you all did this week and I want you to know that I appreciate every effort you all make in the RIGHT direction, the direction of the Gospel Plan. It`s a True Plan, it`s a Perfect Plan. Follow it, and you`ll find Happiness, I testify!

Love Always,
-Elder Preston William Tucker

No comments:

Post a Comment